PersonalBrain 5.0 Released: Dynamic Mind Mapping Software Helps Users Take Control and Leverage Information by Visualizing Connections and Capturing Users’ Thoughts
PersonalBrain 5.0 Offers: New Visualizations, Import of Many File Formats and Augmented Mac OS Integration
Marina del Rey, CA.—Jan 6, 2009—TheBrain Technologies announced that PersonalBrain 5.0, the latest version of its powerful information visualization and organization software is now available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. PersonalBrain 5.0 will be unveiled at Macworld 2009 at booth #3419, North Hall.
PersonalBrain’s award-winning dynamic interface enables users to link all ideas, files, and Web pages so people can better understand their information, see hidden connections, and liberate themselves from linear file organization.
Current systems such as folders, search lists, and email fail to connect different concepts, people, projects and their digital information associatively. PersonalBrain gives users a conceptual space that puts ideas at the forefront, creating a dynamic network of visually connected Thoughts that represent the user’s mind.
Designed for people who need to analyze, brainstorm and synthesize a wide variety of information both on their local computer and on the Internet, PersonalBrain lets users express key relationships across all information sources, so underlying thinking and key ideas are instantly visible. All files, documents and web pages can be instantly recalled and retrieved with PersonalBrain and displayed with all related connections so key information is easily discovered.
PersonalBrain 5.0 Feature Highlights
- Powerful “outline” view enables a broader view while retaining the flexibility of a networked structure
- Visual tagging gives another way to find information and enhances the ability to use PersonalBrain for Getting Things Done.
- Presentation mode enables full screen visualization that easily avoids the tedium of slideshow presentations
- Save customized layouts created in the “expanded” view
- Import of outlines and mind maps created in many other programs lets users upgrade their existing data into a scalable associative network
- Augmented Mac OS X Functionality
- Spotlight integration enables searching of information in the context of how it’s all connected
- Address Book, iCal, and Apple Mail integration enables users to tie all the information on their Mac together seamlessly
- QuickLook integration enables users to instantly preview attachments
- Specially created Mac OS X look and feel fits in seamlessly
- Enhancements throughout PersonalBrain make everything from scrolling through information with the mouse wheel to creating reports faster and easier.
“PersonalBrain enables us to take control of the volumes of information that we are inundated with and organizes ideas and content based on our unique thinking and perspective,” said
Pricing and Availability
PersonalBrain 5.0 is offered in three editions for immediate download: Free, Core, and Pro. PersonalBrain Free is offered at no charge and lets anyone link ideas and Web pages, images and notes. Pro and Core editions are priced as follows: PersonalBrain Pro $249.95, PersonalBrain Core $149.95. PersonalBrain 4 users can upgrade to 5.0 for $74.95. The upgrade is free for users who purchased PersonalBrain 4 after June 1, 2008.PersonalBrain runs on Windows 2000, 2003, XP,