Pages

Reflections on the Webinar

It was really exciting to be able to offer a free webinar on the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009. I decided about three weeks ago with all of the clamor of this stimulus package to share my ideas on how school districts can begin to dialog on how best to plan for purchases and professional development. First off I would like to thank Glance for providing me with use of their incredibly easy to use screensharing and teleconferencing service. It went off almost without a hitch- slight error on my part of giving my participants my old Glance address. Once I rectified that, we were on our way to having a smooth and successful webinar.

The stimulus package is an ideal was to really build and shore up your school's assistive technology program. While there is a lot to think about, the stimulus dollars will only be here for a two year period of time. One of the top priorities is for schools to purchase state of the art assistive technologies along with intensive professional development for regular and special education teachers. While there will be challenge- never has there been such a great opportunity for those of us in the field of assistive technology to demonstrate just how important these tools can be for the students to reach their goals. For those of you who were not able to make the webinar here is a copy of my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment