I just found out that Matchware has released Service Pack 1 for Mindview 3 which can be downloaded from their website. I have upgrade my version of MindView 3 BE to the latest version without a hitch. MindView 3 feels faster when changing from the various views. Going from a Mind map to a Gantt Chart is much faster than in previous versions. Give it a try and let me know what you think. You can download the Service Pack 1 by clicking on this link. According to the Matchware website here are some of the features of the Service Pack 1.
This Service Pack contains the following changes:
Service Pack 1:
- Panels now include scroll bars when screen resolution is low or when space is limited.
- Converting between views has been slightly optimized.
- Branch text editor: Several usability issues and other problems have been corrected.
- Icons: The Icons gallery now closes upon selection of an icon.
- Outline view: The font settings can now be changed as expected.
- Spellchecker: The problem whereby correct text was sometimes underlined in red has been resolved.
- Word export:
- PDF files are now handled correctly.
- Links to embedded files are now handled correctly.
- Pictures located in text notes on the Mind Map are now shown in the exported Word document.
- PowerPoint export: The problem whereby comments were not exported to PowerPoint when using a non-English version of MindView has now been fixed.
- SharePoint: Now fully compatible with SharePoint 2003. With SharePoint 2007 it may be necessary to check out the file before being able to save it from within MindView.
- Many other usability and internal issues have been corrected.
- Adding resources from the Address Book now works as expected.
- Resources assigned to tasks are now preserved when copying to another document.
- Dragging a link from the web browser onto a branch now creates a hyperlink.
- The Calculation Defaults and Formats dialog now supports localized decimal separators.
- Excel export: You can now export to Excel even when Excel is not installed, but you will only be able to save the file in the XML 2003 Spreadsheet format.
- HTML export: New export templates have been included.
- Microsoft Project import: Files containing unsupported characters can now be imported.
- It is now possible to export to the older OpenMind/MindView 2 XML format.