Here is a synopsis of my presentation for the DevLearn 2009 Conference:
Using the ubiquitous PDF format, it is now easier than ever to deliver your digital assets for your students to view with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader 9. Today you can also take advantage of screencasting software (Adobe Captivate and Camatasia Studio) that can be integrated into a PDF Portfolio. These technologies now let you incorporate rich media into your courses, and deliver them as a PDF.
In this session, participants will learn how to create PDF Portfolios that can contain Word documents, graphics, Excel spreadsheets, and video, and deliver your final document in one PDF file. You will learn how to use Adobe Acrobat Extended Pro with Adobe Presenter to create e Learning materials from your PowerPoint slides that you can publish as a PDF. You will also view a recently completed eBook project called Technology Support for Writing that incorporates SWF videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a PDF Portfolio using a variety of file formats
- How to create e-Learning materials from your PowerPoint slides using Adobe Presenter
- How to integrate SWF videos from Camtasia Studio and Adobe Captivate into your PDF Portfolios
- How to deliver your PDF Portfolio with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
- How to add SWF videos to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint