Pages

Skype Comes to Blackberry on Verizon Network


Verizon released today Skype for select Blackberry's that are running on the Verizon Network. Skype for Blackberry's will run on the following Smartphone:
  • Tour 9630
  • Storm2 9550
  • Storm 9530
  • 8830 World Edition
  • Curve 8530
  • Curve 8330


Features include:

  • Skype global rates
    The same Skype rates to global landlines and mobiles. No extra cost.
  • Stop counting minutes
    Skype-to-Skype, IM and global calls from Skype mobile™ don’t use your wireless plan minutes.
  • Free calls included
    The same experience on your Verizon Wireless 3G smartphone means free Skype-to-Skype calls and IM
I just downloaded the Skype App and am up and running connecting to all of my Skype contacts. I have started to Instant Message with it but have not made any phone calls just yet. It is great to be able to access my Skype contacts and use the service on my Blackberry Curve 8330. I will let you know how the voice portion of the service works when I give it a try. This certainly opens up some more doors to each out to my friends and colleagues over the Skype network. Happy Skyping! Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment