While I attended NECC 2008 the theme was smallness and portability. In this tradition Acer just recently released the Acer Aspire Netbook computer a 2.2 lb. ultra-portable net computer with the following specifications-see below. Looking at the newspaper circulars Circuit City has it on sale for $379 dollars. I'm holding off purchasing one for the work that I do until I see what Dell has up their sleeves. I would still prefer to have a netbook running Windows XP. These can certainly be ideal tools for some of the students that I work with who need a computer for note taking and organization. Click here for a review.
- 1.6GHz Atom N270 Processor
- 8GB solid state hard drive, 512MB DDR2 SDRAM (expandable)
- 802.11b/g, Ethernet, three USB 2.0, VGA, and 3.5mm audio out
- 1.3 megapixel camera, SDHC and multi-format media readers
- Linpus Linux Lite operating system